ASU Directory Profile
Nanostructures, nanoimprint lithography, nanooptics, biomolecular sensing, nanofluidics, DNA hydrodynamics, ferroelectrics.
Chao Wang joined the faculty of Arizona State University in January 2015. He is currently an assistant professor in the School of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering and affiliated with Biodesign Center for Molecular Design & Biomimetics at ASU. His research areas include scalable nanomanufacturing, nanophotonics, nanofluidics, and biomolecular sensing. He holds 11 granted and five pending US patents related to nanostructures and biomolecular sensing. He has published 16 refereed journal papers, and contributed 25 conference presentations.
Postdoc, IBM T.J. Watson research center – New York, 2014
Ph.D., Princeton University – Princeton – New Jersey, 2011
M.A., Princeton University – Princeton – New Jersey, 2008
M.S., Tsinghua University – Beijing – China, 2006
B.E., Tsinghua University – Beijing – China, 2003
- Reviewer for: Nanotechnology, Applied Physics Letters, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, AIP Advances, Journal of Optics, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering.
- Member of program committee of the International conference on Electron, Ion, and Photon Beam Technology and Nanofabrication (EIPBN)
- Benjamin H. Wunsch, Joshua T. Smith, Chao Wang, Stacey M. Gifford, Markus Brink, Robert Bruce, Robert H. Austin, Gustavo Solovitzky, and Yann Astier, “Nanoscale Lateral Displacement Arrays for Fractionation of Exosomes and DNA,” Nature Nanotechnology, DOI: 10.1038/NNANO.2016.134.
- Chao Wang, Robert L. Bruce, Elizabeth A. Duch, Jyotica V. Patel, Joshua T. Smith, et al., “Hydrodynamics of Diamond-Shaped Gradient Nanopillar Arrays for Effective DNA Translocation into Nanochannels,” ACS Nano, vol 9, pp. 1206-1218, 2015.
- Binquan Luan, Chao Wang, Ajay Royyuru, and Gustavo Stolovitzky, “Controlling the motion of DNA in a nanochannel with transversal alternating electric voltages,” Nanotechnology, vol 25, pp. 265101, 2014.
- Chao Wang, Qi Zhang, Yu Song, and Stephen Y. Chou, “Plasmonic Bar-Coupled Dots-on-Pillar Cavity Antenna with Dual Resonances for Infrared Absorption and Sensing: Performance and Nanoimprint Fabrication,” ACS Nano, vol. 8, pp. 2618-2624, 2014.
- Chao Wang, Sung-wook Nam, John M. Cotte, et al., “200 mm Wafer-Scale Integration of Sub-20 nm Sacrificial Nanofluidic Channels for Manipulating and Imaging Single DNA Molecules,” In proceeding of IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM), 2013.
- Chao Wang and Stephen Y. Chou, “Integration of metallic nanostructures in fluidic channels for fluorescence and Raman enhancement by nanoimprint lithography and lift-off on compositional resist stack,” Eng., Vol. 98, pp. 693-697, 2012.
- Chao Wang, Patrick F. Murphy, Nan Yao, Kevin McIlwrath, and Stephen Y. Chou, “Growth of Straight Silicon Nanowires on Amorphous Substrates with Uniform Diameter, Length, Orientation, and Location Using Nanopatterned Host-Mediated Catalyst,” Nano Letters, vol. 11, pp. 5247-5251, 2011.
- Chao Wang, Zengli Fu, Keith J. Morton, Wen-Di Li, and Stephen Y. Chou, “Printing of Sub-20 nm Wide Graphene Ribbon Arrays by Nanoimprinting Graphite Stamp and Electrostatic Force Assisted Bonding,” Nanotechnology, vol. 22, pp. 445301, 2011.
- Chao Wang, Qiangfei Xia, Wen-Di Li, Zengli Fu, Keith J. Morton, and Stephen Y. Chou, “Fabrication of a 60-nm-Diameter Perfectly Round Metal-Dot Array over a Large Area on a Plastic Substrate Using Nanoimprint Lithography and Self-Perfection by Liquefaction,” Small, vol. 6, pp. 1242-1247, 2010.