Research expertise: Power systems operations and planning, power systems restoration and cascading events, cyber-security for electric power systems, renewable energy, transient stability studies, protection systems, power flow control technologies, stochastic optimization, and electric energy markets
Mojdeh Khorsand has received the Ph.D. degree from the School of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering at Arizona State University. She received the M.S. degree in power systems engineering from Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran, and the B.S. degree in electric power engineering from Mazandaran University, Iran. Mojdeh has published several journal and conference papers in the areas of power system operations, electricity markets, transient stability studies, protection systems, and stochastic optimization.
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Arizona State University
M.S., Power Systems Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology
- Abdi-Khorsand and V. Vittal, “Modeling Protection Systems in Time-Domain Simulations: A New Method to Detect Mis-operating Relays for Unstable Power Swings,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 2790-2798, Jul. 2017.
- Abdi-Khorsand, M. Sahraei-Ardakani, and Y. Al-Abdullah, “Corrective Transmission Switching with N-1-1 Contingency Analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 1606-1615, Mar. 2017.
- Li, M. Sahraei-Ardakani, P. Balasubramanian, M. Abdi-Khorsand, K. W. Hedman, and R. Podmore, “Real-Time Contingency Analysis with Corrective Transmission Switching,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 2604 – 2617, Jul. 2017.
- Sahraei-Ardakani, X. Li, P. Balasubramanian, K. W. Hedman, and M. Abdi-Khorsand, “Real-Time Contingency Analysis With Transmission Switching on Real Power System Data,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 2501-2502, May 2016.
- Al-Abdullah, M. Abdi-Khorsand, and K. W. Hedman, “The Role of Out-of-Market Corrections in Day-Ahead Scheduling,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 1937-1946, Jul. 2015.