Laren Bataska began her ECEE career a week before we all left campus. If you haven’t had a chance to meet her yet, here are some fun facts about our newest Business Operations Specialist.

Q: When did you start in the School of Electrical, Computer and Electrical Engineering?

A: I joined the Engineering family last August but was working for the Power Systems Engineering Research group in ERC. I made the switch to Electrical Engineering just a week before we all went remote in March!

Q: Where did you come from?

A; Before working for ASU, I work in the Bay Area as a commercial property manager. I absolutely loved it and loved living in the Bay Area. But after having my son was born, my priorities shifted a little bit and we wanted more space, so we moved back to Arizona.

Q: Why did you choose to work in the ECEE?

A: ASU has been my home through my undergrad and now masters making it vital for me to find a department that I enjoy and have ample room for growth. I have always heard great things from fellow ASU employees regarding the opportunities and positive work culture within Engineering, so when an opportunity presented itself to work at ECEE I jumped on it!

Q: What are you currently working on?

A: Right now, I am wrapping up fall payroll for the Graduate Research Assistants & Associates that are supported under the 12 faculty members I assist. There is a lot of moving parts to payroll so the beginning of semesters is incredibly busy for our team.

Q: What is an interesting fact about you?

A: I am a sustainability enthusiast and believe it is up to each one of us to leave the planet better than when we found it. This conviction called me to enroll in the graduate program at ASU’s School of Sustainability, with a dream to work in clean water to ensure every single person has access to safe drinking water.

Q: What fun things do you outside of work?

A: My favorite thing to do right now is shop for items for my home renovation. I purchased my first home two years ago, it is a complete fixer-upper but I had a vision and knew it would be great in a few years!  It can be a very slow process but seeing things come together is so rewarding.

Say hi to Lauren:
Lauren Bataska
Business Operations Specialist
Phone: 480-727-4789
E-mail: [email protected]